"Time is perhaps the most common way to trigger a new habit. Common morning habits are just one example. Waking up in the morning usually triggers a cascade of habits: go to the bathroom, take a shower, brush your teeth, get dressed, make a cup of coffee, etc." – James Clear, The 5 triggers that make habits stick
Headspace uses the onboarding to personalize the journey for you. It asks you what your experience with meditation is, what your goal is, and when you want to meditate.
1. What's your experience with meditation? None, a little, a lot. This sets the time goal per day
2. What brings you to Headspace? Sleeping better, Being less stressed, Finding calm, Being more focussed, Managing anxiety, Just checking it out
3. When do you want to meditate? You're more likely to build a habit if it's anchored to your existing routine.
4. So to recap,
- Your focus is: Just checking it out
- You'll start with: 10 minute sessions
- You'll meditate: After taking a shower
- Meditate now, Explore the app